1 篇文章 / 0 新
鈕釦
離線
Home away from home楓葉會員 Maple Member版主Moderator網管 Webmaster
已加入: 2004-12-22 01:20
[I-Team]Holly故事《SEDUCTION GAME》

[I-Team]系列最新一本Holly的故事,10/20出版,作者Pamela Clare剛剛在FB分享一小段摘錄內容,讓大家「聞香」一下~

EXCERPT!!!!
Two weeks from today, SEDUCTION GAME will be out. I can’t wait to share the story with you!
If you're all caught up, then you're biting your nails like me just waiting for Oct. 20.
What can do do to pass the time???
How about one last excerpt? I've edited the real spoilers out of this one, though it does reveal some plot.

From SEDUCTION GAME

Holly awoke to find a man sitting in a chair beside the bed. “Joaquin.”

There was a worried look on his sweet face, his camera bag resting on the floor near his feet.

“Hey.” He smiled and took her hand, lacing his fingers through hers. “How do you feel? I hear they’re giving you the good stuff.”

“You came.” Holly was happy to see him. “They quit giving me morphine a little while ago. I’m just taking pain pills.”

She still felt queasy and exhausted, but her headache was better.

“I’d have been here sooner, but it was a busy news day.” His expression grew serious. “I got a hell of a shock when they wheeled you out on that gurney.”

“I got a hell of a shock when I woke up next to a dead guy.”

“I heard some of the hotel staff talking about it. They say someone shot this dude point blank in the head while you were unconscious in the bed naked beside him. You’re lucky the killer decided not to kill you, too—or to take advantage of your situation.”

Holly thought she knew where this conversation was going. She knew her friends thought she was a bit of a slut.

Joaquin released her hand and leaned forward in the chair, resting his elbows on his knees, his gaze fixed on hers. “The way I see it, this was a wake-up call.”

Here we go.

“Joaquin, I—”

“Hey, let me finish, okay? I’ve got something I’ve been meaning to say for a while now.” His brow bent in a thoughtful frown, and he seemed to hesitate.

“How you live your life is your business, but as your friend I got to say that these men—they’re not good for you. They don’t care about you. You are worth so much more than they know.”

He took her hand again. “You’re so beautiful on the outside that a lot of guys don’t look beyond that. They have no idea how funny you are or how much you do for your friends or what an amazing reporter you are. You’re smart, too. Oh, chula, I know you’re smart. Your mind runs a million miles a minute so that sometimes you have no idea what’s going on around you and you say things...”

He laughed, smiling as if he were remembering something funny.

But Holly didn’t laugh. There was a rock-hard lump in her throat, his words cutting too close to something soft and sore inside her.

His laughter faded, and his smile disappeared. “That man who got popped last night, the one cops say might have drugged you, the one who’s going to be stuck in your memory for the rest of your life—all he saw, all he wanted, was the package. He didn’t care about who you are beneath your skin. You got to stop wasting time with these cabrones and find the man who does.”

Holly blinked back the tears that were forming in her eyes. She swallowed—hard—and gave Joaquin’s fingers a squeeze. “I wish it were that easy.”

After a moment, she asked the question she’d always wanted to ask him. “Why have you and I never gotten together?”

There’d always been an intense and mutual attraction. They both knew it. They’d never acted on it or even talked about it.

Joaquin gave her a sad smile. “Because I’m looking for happily ever after, and you’re just looking for your next adrenaline rush.”

以上內容取自Pamela Clare的臉書→https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=996739207042999&id=167939496589645